The Conclusive Guide to Detox Diet in India
Are you worried about
weight gain, acne, arthritis, insomnia, asthma, PCOD, migraine, oral health problems, many more?Ask Us
Put your worries aside. If you want to live a healthy-wealthy life, we recommend you follow our Indian detox diet program that we have brought only for our Indian family.
What is a Detox diet?
A detox diet is a specific diet that is designed to cleanse your blood and eliminate harmful toxins from your body, thereby boosting your body’s immunity and promotes weight loss. They usually take a period of 3 to 7 days. With the supplements and clean eating our detox program lasts for 30 or even up to 40 days.
A typical detox diet involves a period of fasting followed by a strict diet plan of fruits, vegetables, juices and lean protein. It often includes herbs, green teas, supplements, vitamins, minerals, an adequate amount of water. It eliminates foods high in contaminants and allergens and eliminates alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugar.
A good detox diet has a number of health benefits. They aimed to help us with various health problems, including
- obesity control,
- provide our body with healthy nutrients,
- improve blood circulation,
- boost immunity power,
- clear our skin,
- balance hormones,
- solve digestive issues, inflammation, allergies, chronic fatigue
- rejuvenate our body’s natural detoxification system.
Why do we need to detox?
In today’s modern busy life, we inhale polluted air, lack physical activities, eat fruits and vegetables that are rich in synthetic chemicals and harmful compounds. We even eat unhealthy foodstuffs like fast food, fried food, processed food, packaged food regularly. Such foods that don’t come directly from mother nature are extremely difficult for our body to digest. They stick on the walls of our intestine forming a thick coating of bacteria and viruses.
Our body has the natural detoxification system that is capable of the cleansing body itself through the liver and kidneys in the form of feces, urine, sweat. But the undigested remnants of the sandwich that we ate a year ago, might be still inside our body in the form of toxins. Despite this, few chemicals like persistent organic pollutants (POPs), bisphenol A and phthalates are difficult to remove easily from our bodies.
These toxic wastes get transported to different organs through the bloodstream causing diseases. If it sticks to the layer of our skin, it causes acne. If it blocks airways, it causes asthma. If it gets accumulated in the intestine, it causes constipation. So, if we don’t remove them from our bodies, we are inviting severe health problems.
In addition to cleansing body toxins, a detox diet has positive impacts on mental health. According to experiences shared by several people who strictly followed this diet, they claimed the detox diet brings a sense of calmness, freshness, peace within the body. They have also reported feeling rejuvenated and energized. This improved well-being may be simply due to eliminating processed foods, alcohol, and other unhealthy foods.
Why the detox diet in India?
India had 0.4 million obese men in 1975 but by 2014, it has risen to 9.8 million i.e. 3.7% of the global population. Among women, India has ranked itself in the third position with 20 million obese women i.e. 5.3% of the global population. India is following the trend of other developing countries; a sedentary lifestyle and junk food. Indian diets are carbohydrate-heavy and oil-rich. Unhealthy fast and processed food has become much more accessible to a large Indian population due to the rise in middle-class incomes. This has increased the average calorie intake per individual in the middle-class and high-income households. Obesity is a major risk factor for cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, digestive congestion, etc. With these thoughts in mind, we have aimed to reach every person with a detox diet program in India.
Yes I can
DO it !!
Virtues of Indian Detox Diet Plan:
Some people report feeling more energized and focused during and after the detox diet. While some even reported feeling unwell during the detox period.
- Weight loss: The weight loss that people often report initially is mainly due to loss of fluids, carbs storage rather than fat, decrease in calorie intake, after the first stage your body will start burning fat as fuel and this will continue throughout the 30-40 days. Usually when following a regular low calorie diet the weight you lose, is usually regained once you get back to your normal routine, that is why we have specific meal plans and steps to help you live a healthier lifestyle permanently.
- Clear skin and promote hair growth: Our Indian detox diet plan helps to remove toxins from your skin leading to healthy, glowing skin. It decreases acne, clears your skin, delays the visible signs of aging. No hair growth, brittle, lifeless hair can become shinier and longer once you start our Indian detox diet plan. This is due to the elimination of toxins from your scalps.
- Solves digestive issues: The removal of toxins helps your body to absorb vitamins, minerals, other nutrients you were lacking before. A detox diet increases the body’s metabolism rate leading to long-term support of the digestive system.
- Boost immune system: Detoxification leads to the absorption of greater amounts of vitamins and minerals- increment in metabolism rate, thus vital organs become healthier and boost up the immune system.
- Improved mental state: Indian detox diet plan brings a sense of calmness, freshness, peace within the body. It also helps with good sleep, focus, and clarity.
- Improved blood circulation: Indian detox diet plan includes fruits rich in antioxidants like Vitamins A, C, E, K which increases antioxidant content in the body. This diet improves blood circulation.
How to begin a detox diet?
We’ve talked so far about a detox diet, its benefits. Just remember the following steps before you begin our Indian detox diet plan
The first and foremost thing is to consult with our nutritionist/dietician before starting to ensure which one suits you the best. Since the diet varies from person to person based on their physique and general calorie intake.
Replace tobacco, caffeine, alcohol with green tea, lemon water, or simply water. Staying properly hydrated is important for detoxification.
Cease your sugar and processed food intake since they cause obesity and chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes. These diseases hinder your body’s ability to detoxify itself by harming organs like the liver and kidneys.
Make sure to include a diet that is rich in fibers and anti-oxidant like berries, fruits, vegetables, green tea, etc. It helps your body to fight against oxidative stress caused by excess free radicals and other toxins that increase the risk of disease.
Decrease salt intake and increase potassium-rich foods intake like kidney beans, spinach, bananas that counterbalances sodium’s effects.
Avoid regular exercise or yoga practice during the detox period. Your body is low on calories at this time so it may cause tiredness and fatigue.
Prepare yourself for headaches, tiredness, nausea which might occur in the initial stages.
Make sure to use organic fruits and vegetables for juice. Always give priority to home-made juices including the peel of fruits and vegetables because the peel contains a lot of nutrients and minerals that are beneficial for your body. Avoid packaged juice as they contain preservatives and excess sugar which ruin your diet. Storing juice is not recommended.
Oil Pulling is a detox method. Every morning on an empty stomach put oil (coconut, sesame, mustard) in your mouth. Swish it around for 10-20 minutes. Then spit it out. Microorganisms in our body are covered in lipids (fats) so, when we oil pull, oil acts as suction and pulls out all microorganisms with it. It removes toxins from the entire body because our tongue is attached to the kidneys, heart, lungs, small intestine, spine through the network of veins. Oil pulling is a panacea for all oral health problems. It clears skin, reduces grey hair, cures acne, arthritis, asthma, PCOD, insomnia, migraine.
A word of caution
At-risk populations include children, adolescents, older adults, malnourished, pregnant or lactating women, a person with diabetes and an eating disorder, who should not start a detox diet.
Beside them, anybody who wants to take our Indian detox diet plan should consult a nutritionist/ dietician before starting. It involves a massive change in eating habits and mustn’t be done without appropriate guidance. It may not always work in the way it is theorized.
The Bottom Line
While our Indian detox diet plan may seem tempting, their benefits likely have less to do with toxins removal but more with eliminating unhealthy foods and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
If you desire to cleanse your body, don’t hesitate to consult with our nutritionist. While they do have their large benefits, it is necessary to understand if our Indian detox diet plan suits your requirements.
Do you have any further questions or concerns about diets? Please make sure to contact us today if you have any queries.
We are just one call apart from you.